Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rangoli-268

Ugadi Special

Friends Wish you all a very Happy New Year, celebrating as Ugadi by Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka, as Gudipadava-by Maharashtra, as Thapna-by Rajasthan, as Cheti-Chand by Sindhis, as Sajibu Nongma Panaba Cheiroba. These are all based on lunar calenders. This is month of Chaitra.

I am sorry due to my ill health and frequent power cuts, I could not post this Rangoli before the festival. Actually I drew it while lying on the bed, and so difficult to do so. But don't have a choice as I can't sit for long.

Since today is the beginning of Spring time (known as Vasanta kaalam), and nine days from today till Sri Rama Navami are celebrated as Chaitra(name of the Month) Navaratris(nine days), worshipping Mother Lalitha or Durga, you can use this Rangoli any time.

This is 21 to 1 straight dots.

I have drawn mangoes, which are raw and small at this time. These are used by us today in a special chutney known as Ugadi Pachchadi. Since this is the onset of spring, there are flowers every where. So I have also used flowers. The hearts (orange and lavender coloured) drawn like an arrow has been used here as Cupid's arrow(Manmadha Bhanam)- after all this is the season for love and love is in the air for all creatures.


2 comments:

Hi.. I am Kaivi.. said...

Sorry to know about your health. May the new year takes all worries away.. and the rangoli is beautiful..

Ms Sharma said...

Kaivi Thanks a lot. Nice to know you.