Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Quilling-Diyas

Quilling is also known as Paper filigree and said to have originated in France and Italy. I am intrigued by it because of its intricacy and the creativity involved in it. I have been wanting to practise this craft, but could not lay my hands on the supplies till recently. I have not attended any courses and am self taught like most of the arts N crafts I experiment with.

I have just started and need lot of practise before I can create with some degree of perfection. But I can't stop myself from sharing these amateur creations of mine, as I want your opinion, guidance and suggestions in improving my self. 

Here is my first creation(s)

Like every devout Hindu, i started by lighting a lamp. The above is the straight view and below side views.



I am sorry, the light was not enough and I could not bring in extra light for a clear picture.

I will keep on my quilling as and when I make them. Do guide me, leave your suggestions, comments especially criticisms as I new to this art and learning on my own....




2 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Very lovely quilled lamp.
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Ms Sharma said...

Thank You Dr Sonia. Nice to meet you.