Sunday, December 19, 2010

Friday-Free Patterns

Elaine thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that you follow my blog and I am glad to know that you enjoy my posts. My thanks to all my friends who follow my posts and also leave comments and suggestions . Your comments motivate me to post more and more.

On Elaine's request I am posting the examples of these motifs (I have so far shared with you) used as designs. Well these have been painted on my sari. These are paintings on fabric as folk/tribal art.  I have a cotton sari cream white in colour which has got these motifs al lover it. 



It looks like these motifs have been first block printed (outline) and then when they have dried out the inner part is filled by using  block printed with required colour. Why I say filled by block print is that if you see it closely, some of the filling has gone askew or come out of the outlines. May be some of the motifs have been filled in using brush. The paint used is fabric paint .

Hope it is clear now Elaine. I like your suggestion. Next time I post motifs, I will also post these used in a design.



No comments: