Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tracing My Roots

Sorry friends, I could not keep in touch with you all.


I have been very busy travelling extensively to those places from where my ancestors have come from. It was really fun on one hand  going around little towns and villages, rich with culture, traditions, temples and centuries old history behind them. The greenery, acres and acres of green fields, orchards, gushing rivers, rivulets, canals and water bodies,temples at every nook and corner all picturesque with an overcast sky, drizzling now and then. Some of the most famous personalities of literary, music other art forms are from here. So are the most revered Vedic Pundits, astrologers, philanthropists, freedom fighters-the list is end less.  The best educational centers were from these regions once and still are the best.

It was very enriching experience for me, interacting with people from various backgrounds. I learnt a lot.. I bought lot of books on spirituality, astrology, those who write our almanacs known as Panchangam, ayurveda etc. 

It was really a great experience, visiting ancient temples, knowing about our rich traditions and the scientific reasons behind them. It was a feast for my eyes as well  as my soul, seeing all those green fields, rivers and rivulets, well Nature at its best.

On the other hand it was also nostalgic, meeting those who remembered my ancestors, learning about my roots. I felt very sad as to why we had to leave such a beautiful and peaceful places to live in so called modern towns and cities full of pollution-both of environmental as well as other ones.

Oh by the way the cuisines also are different in each region, each having something unique to offer but at the same time there are many similarities. I know most of them, but just refreshed my mind with the techniques by observing the most experienced ladies who churn out a yummy fare in minutes and serve you lovingly. They have not yet forgotten our Indian hospitality- welcoming even a stranger with so much love.

I not only collected these recipes but also so many traditional Rangoli designs. I have been wanting this for a long time and at last, my dream comes true.

I will be sharing all of this. But the major constraint is time as I have to travel again. Let us see. I will try to keep in touch with you all as I have lots and lots to share.


So keep watching my blogs....


Preview of what is to come....
Calm waters...
Setting Sun...
Lush greenery all around...


What more does one want? 



2 comments:

sumalatha said...

hi this bridge is from rajahmundry,,,,right?

Ms Sharma said...

Yes it is....:)