Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rangoli-38-Borders-2



Its raining heavily now. So I have to do my post as quickly as I can as heavy rains result in problems with power and also Internet. Well here I am.

Friends of late I have not posted on Rangolis much though I am doodling many new designs as well as recollecting and collecting old and traditional ones.  Here are some traditional designs of Borders which are used for decorating doorways, stairs and also on the edges of Rangolis to give a finished look. Some how a Rangoli design does not look complete with out borders on its edges. 
These are simple straight lines. But with a little creativity we can make beautiful designs.
Adding curved lines to these straight lines make them even more beautiful as you can see in the pictures below.

Oops! I sometimes don't keep track whether the paper I am drawing is straight or not. The result you can see .


Hope you like them. Some more next time.

Keep watching......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these Rangoli borders

Lakshmi B said...

All your work on Rangoli Borders, is creative, new and beautiful. keep posting please

Anonymous said...

Traditional borders,Thanks for posting