Saturday, February 13, 2010

Painted Sari

This is a sari which I painted long back. I loved the combination of  off-white and orange. Its pure cotton very fine quality, hand woven and had a light silk yarn border border. It looked bright yet not too loud. There was not much choice for me in the colours that could be used for painting on this sari. So it was orange, olive green, brown and white. I dint want an elaborate design as I wanted to finish it off early.  Just used a few strokes to create a floral spray.

 
 This is how it looks the Pallu half orange and half off-white with floral bunches.
  
 The sari had an orange border  on both top and bottom edges.
  
 A closer look at the pallu.
  
 The floral bunches all over the sari at regular intervals.
  
 A closer look at one of the bunches.

Hmmm not quite a master piece. I know. But the colour combination of the sari made it stand out among the crowds.


No comments: